This is an article I had for quite a while as a draft. As part of my yearly cleanup, I've published it without finishing it. It might not be finished or have other problems.
While writing my thesis, I came across some rules / resources which I would like to share with you.
Rules and Guidelines
- However at the beginning of a sentence might not mean what you think. See Strunk.
- If a sentence ends with a capital letter, add
\@before the dot.
- Avoid "it" and "this" if possible. Be explicit. Being explicit makes it easier to read your work.
- Is “data” treated as singular or plural in formal contexts?
- ‘Less’ or ‘fewer’?
- Look for "make"
- "I", "we" or "the author"?
- Strunk: Words and Expressions Commonly Misused
- Strunk and White: The Elements of Style
- Owens: Common Errors in Technical Writing