Cantucci are Italian almond biscuits. It takes roughly 1 hour to prepare them plus 1 hour to let them rest.
- 520 g flour
- 360 g sugar
- 180 g Almond, (peeled / without the skin)
- 180 g Hazelnut (peeled / without the shell)
- 80 g Marzipan
- 50 g butter (soft)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons backing powder
- 16 g vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lebkuchengewürz
- Hand mixer
- Sheet pan and oven
- Plastic wrap
- Blend everything (except the Hazelnut and Almond) to a fine dough.
- Make sure the almond and hazelnut don't have any skin and put it in the dough (German: "unterkneten")
- Make 4 pieces of equal size of the dough.
- Roll each piece to 35 cm long rolls.
- Put the rolls in plastic wrap and in a fridge.
- Wait for 1h.
- Heat the oven to 200 °C (Umluft 180 °C)
- Put the rolls on a sheet pan and in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Get the rolls out of the oven, cut them into 1cm thick slices and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cantuccini so that they lie on the cut surface on the sheet pan.
- Put them for 8-10 minutes in the oven again until they got a nice brown color.