A typical German soup.
For two people:
- 0.5 kg carrots (peeled and cut into slices)
- 1 big potato
- 100ml whipped cream (German: Schlagsahne oder Süße Sahne)
- 2 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.5 L vegetable broth
- Garlic powder
- Fresh bread (e.g. Baguette or Chiabatta)
- A big pot for the soup (with cover / lid)
- Hand mixer to blending the cooked carrots / potatos
- Cooking Spoon
- Cut the onions and the garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Cut the carrots and potatoes into slices which are later easy to blend.
- Put oil in the pot and heat it.
- Put the onions and the garlic into the pot. Fry it for roughly a minute.
- Put the carrot and potato pieces in the pot. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder. Wait for roughly two minutes. Stir it once in a while.
- Add the vegetable broth. Put the cover on the pot. Wait until the carrots and potato are soft. This might take more than 20 minutes.
- Blend the potato / carrots in the pot. You don't have to make it completely smooth, some people like it if there are some pieces left. Add the whipped cream.
- Taste it. Is it too "stiff"? Then add more vegetable broth. Check if enough salt / spices are in there.